RNG Report Forums 49erholics Anonymous 49ers Talk Who you talking at pick 3

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    nm9erholic
    Participant

Obviously if the Jets go Jets on us and take someone other than Zach I’ll be ecstatic. If 1 and 2 go like predicted I’m leaning Lance, then Fields. But like I said before, if it is Jones I’ll be on board as well, just not as hyped. I think they will all prove to be an upgrade over Jimmy after a year of waiting in the wings, and all 3 should be salivating at the thought of joining this roster over anywhere else they could conceivably end up.

RedBluff
    Participant

“I still think it’s gonna be Jones though because I’ve seen how arrogant Kyle can be. He really does believe he knows more than anyone else when it comes to football. I don’t think I’ve ever heard him say he personally made a mistake or the wrong decision when it comes to his play calling or choosing players.”
    – Doc

Dam I wish this wasn’t sooo fucking true.

NortyFiner
    Participant

Being a head coach as your chosen profession, whether in the NFL, college football, or actually any sport above an amateur level, requires a certain degree of self-confidence. Problem being that can easily grow into arrogance or even outright narcissism. I hope Kyle hasn’t stepped over that line, but I’m neither a shrink nor privy to his thoughts to know.

RedBluff
    Participant

Who he picks will tell the tale.

nm9erholic
    Participant

After the 2023 season…

The tale will not be told on draft night, and it may well turn out that Mac is the best of the bunch. Or it may not. But for myself, I’ll reserve judgement and remove myself from the mass “Chicken Little” hysteria if Jones is indeed the pick until it plays out on the field.

PhD
    Participant

Whomever it is, we will have a new first round QB to get excited about. Weeee! Think about it. Even CK was a second rounder! The last time there was excitement like this was 2005 and Alex Smith. We haven’t drafted one at the top of the draft since him that I can remember, though I do sometimes forget to take my daily focus factor pill. lol

alex ‘cashman’ smith surrounded by dumb and dumber

nm9erholic
    Participant

Rap-Sheet claims it’s down to Jones vs. Lance, Fields is out of the picture. Who the hell knows for sure…

Thursday can’t come soon enough.

MN 49ers Fan
    Participant

If that’s true then the front office should be canned. If you have to select one of the afterthought QBs it better be Fields.

PhD
    Participant

Well after watching their presser today I feel like we saw Kyle telling everyone he’s taking Mac and deal with it! People that don’t see that don’t follow how Kyle does things. Of course he will say everyone has to be better, including him, but have you EVER seen him admit to making the wrong choice? He has reasons for everything he does, like it or not.

He pretty much said 1) They knew who they were picking when they made the trade and 2) that player has shown them even more and so have all the other options. I didn’t get any sense that they’ve changed their mind though. So, if you believe it’s Lance, then you will have to believe it was Lance when they made the trade, which I don’t.

RedBluff
    Participant

Today’s Presser

RedBluff
    Participant

I didn’t get the Mac Jones vide……I got “we know who we want and we ain’t telling y’all”.

Erickson
    Keymaster

PhD. I believe you are right. Mac Jones is the pick.

RedBluff
    Participant

GTFOH…LMFAO
    I think it’s Wilson by miracle of God, Jones or Lance.

PhD
    Participant

RB, didn’t you hear Kyle stressing a “starting” qb? That’s Jones. How about him fawning more for Drew Brees than Maholmes? What about if you liked him at 12 you should like him at 3? That’s for all the people saying why would you trade all the way up to 3 for Jones if you could have gotten him at 12? This has Jones written all over it. Plus, they seemed tight and defensive, because they’re tired of everyone saying don’t draft Jones.

RedBluff
    Participant

Nooooo

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 100 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.