RNG Report Forums 49erholics Anonymous 49ers Talk Who you talking at pick 3

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    PhD
    Ninerholic

More accurate, better at avoiding the rush by knowing how to step aside or up in the pocket, better at long passes, better at throwing under pressure, is how Kyle would answer your question. And yes cheaper as you’ve already pointed out and biggest of all, AVAILABLE to play (hopefully). Missing half the games doesn’t work for Kyle or Lynch any longer.

Astronomicat
    Ninerholic

Not another new website what did we do to get kicked off the last one who did colo piss off?

Astronomicat
    Ninerholic

If we must I am going with Mac… jus cause it don’t matte. It is all about who you blow in todays NFL if we just suck off the right people we will get another particapation trophy…YEAH! communism.

But yeah, Mac is my pick @ 3 if we go QB.

Astronomicat
    Ninerholic

Also because Colo hates him can’t be all bad

Astronomicat
    Ninerholic

Sorry, MN didn’t mean to dead name you.

PhD
    Ninerholic

Part of an article in The Athletic about Jones:

“The QB Challenge he won, the one where he beat Trevor (Lawrence), it was like a thing where they threw at these targets in these nets,” Wommack said. “And he wanted to win so bad that when he got invited to the finals, he went and bought nets so he could practice with his trainer specifically to win that event.”

Jones beat the same Lawrence who is projected to be the No. 1 pick. But even with the pedigree of playing for a great program and a legendary coach and even after putting in the work to make himself the best he could be, he still didn’t have the arm of Lawrence or the athleticism of Justin Fields, both of whom were five-star recruits. He was a three-star. Even when he got the Alabama scholarship offer and committed, detractors told him he’d never play.

That drove him.

“I’m glad he doesn’t listen to the people on social media because if we did, we’d all be in trouble,” Alabama coach Nick Saban said. “You need to stay focused on what’s in front of you and try to improve, and I think Mac did a really, really good job of that and I think it was indicated by the way he performed this year. He does have confidence in himself, and I think he always did. But I also think he was smart enough to realize what his strengths were, what his weaknesses were, what he needed to work on, how he could get better, and he did a really good job of improving in all those areas, so he became a very complete player at his position this year.”

Jones has always been a well-liked member of the Crimson Tide locker room. Former running back Damien Harris playfully referred to Jones as his son. Teammates nicknamed him “The Joker” because of his distinguishable laugh. He’s always seemingly in a good mood. But he knows when to get serious.

When he found himself cast as the starting quarterback late in the 2019 season, he did a more than admirable job, playing well enough to earn the job for the next season. In 2020, he authored one of the most dominant seasons for a quarterback in college football history, completing 77.4 percent of his passes for 4,500 yards, 41 touchdowns and four interceptions to become a Heisman Trophy finalist and win a national championship.

MN 49ers Fan
    Ninerholic

Astro I appreciate your kind words. 🙂
    I think I can evaluate quarterbacks pretty decent. The draft is always a crap shoot anyways.
    Glad you made it here.

MN 49ers Fan
    Ninerholic

Jones is this years version of Joe Burrow with less experience. Came out of virtually nowhere to win a national title surrounded by NFL talent. Got all the accolades and shot up draft boards because of it.

nm9erholic
    Ninerholic

While I salivate at the thought of a “new-school” mobile QB in Kyle’s system, I’m also not nearly as low on Jones as most pundits. I think he’s got the potential to be Matt Ryanesque, and we saw what Kyle did with him in year 2. I’d honestly be stoked for all 3 of these kids, and can’t wait to see who ends up on the team.

Regardless of who gets the nod, I’m hoping for one more (healthy) year from Jimmy. Give the rook a season to learn, and if Jimmy can take it back to 2019 his trade value will only increase.

OZ
    Ninerholic

I’m in love with Wilson, but don’t think he will be there at 3. Toss up between Jones and Mac. Makes me nervous to think at least half of these young QBs being talked about will bust.

MN 49ers Fan
    Ninerholic

It’s crazy that Mac Jones could be the third player in this draft. He shouldn’t even be the third player picked in an all Alabama draft. I sincerely hope that all signs pointing towards mean the 49ers are going in another direction.

NortyFiner
    Ninerholic

MN: We’re on the same page about Jones. Listening to the sports media, seems like there’s a notable anti-Jones camp who don’t think he’s even really a first rounder, much less worth a top five pick.

MN 49ers Fan
    Ninerholic

Yeah some executives around the league had his ceiling as a late first round pick. Going to someone like the Saints. This was after the college season ended. So what has changed since then? No combine or private workouts. Just a scripted pro day.

RedBluff
    Ninerholic

What if they take the WR from LSU Ja’Marr Chase or Penei from U of O or the TE from Florida.
    Bay Rat Face is not afraid to reach to try to show everyone how smart he is.

RedBluff
    Ninerholic

Crazy thought….would you trade our #3 for Aaron Rogers?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.