What happens to Jimmy?

RNG Report Forums 49erholics Anonymous 49ers Talk What happens to Jimmy?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    RedBluff
    Participant

I think he gets cut.

There’s not deadline for guaranteed money in his last year.
    The dead cap hit is 1.4 million.
    His 2022 salary is 25.5 million.

4 ideal Jimmy Garoppolo trade scenarios this offseason

The possibility of anyone giving us anything for him is IMHO…pie in the sky.

RedBluff
    Participant

Those that love him see him as a good looking, super likable guy that sprinkles magic pixie dust and just wins.

Those that don’t love him see him as a good looking, super likable guy that lights fires in the hope his team mates put them out and save him.

In a simpler offense (think 2018 Niner’s offence) he does really well. The numbers might not indicate it but he digressed every year after that in my eyes.

John
    Participant

If a team is willing to trade for him they’re going to want us to eat half his salary for next year which would be insane. Agree just cut him.

John
    Participant

RB I think the pass offense actually got dumbed down a lot for Jimmy. I think it got as basic as it could really. Throws over the middle and maybe a streaking Juice or Aiyuk down the sideline that he horrible overthrows.

MN 49ers Fan
    Participant

If they don’t get anything in return for him than Lynch needs to axed. You don’t trade and extend him and then a few years later end up just cutting him. If you do someone needs to pay by getting fired.

NortyFiner
    Participant

To me, he lacks the critical ability to widen his vision and see what’s around his target. That’s why he makes those bad throws that turn into INTs. He focuses too tightly.

MN 49ers Fan
    Participant

The team was dead wrong on Jimmy. The idea that they moved up and sent multiple first round picks to Miami in order to get Lance should worry everyone.

NortyFiner
    Participant

Jimmy apparently is well aware of his own situation and the team is working with him to find him a soft landing. The idea of keeping him is still in play as well, but it doesn’t seem likely.

https://www.nfl.com/news/jimmy-garoppolo-looks-toward-future-says-49ers-are-working-with-him-to-find-righ

MN 49ers Fan
    Participant

Jimmy is a good and has an awesome attitude. His play on the field is another thing.

John
    Participant

Trade him to the Texans. Who cares about sending him to a good team. Get the best deal possible if offers are out there. He’s stolen over $100 mill from this organization and has lacked any accountability for his crappy play.

John
    Participant

Good news for us, looks like there are several teams in the mix for Jimmy. Denver, Tampa, Steelers among others. I guess teams still see something in him. Not surprising. Coaches and organizations always believe they are the ones that can “fix” a player. Pure ego.

RedBluff
    Participant

I’m with John…..whore his ass out for the highest picks and fuck eating any of his salary. I think he’s going to the Steeler’s and we’ll get a 3rd and a 4th, and they eat all his salary.

PhD
    Participant

The best they will probably get is a 2nd round pick and divesting all his salary.

RedBluff
    Participant

The longer this lingers the more it will mean they might either get him to re-negotiate and sit on the bench or they will cut hit and take the cap hit (1.4 million) ouch!

John
    Participant

Cap hit of 1.4 is chump change really to the 25 or 26 or whatever they’d save.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.