Week 17: Texans vs. 49ers

RNG Report Forums 49erholics Anonymous 49ers Talk Week 17: Texans vs. 49ers

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    PhD
    Participant

Will it be Trey by the Bay? Jimmy glass hurt his thumb on a sack and it could be a few weeks before he’s well enough. Was the Titans game Jimmy’s last game as a 49er?

NortyFiner
    Participant

I don’t know about Trey vs. Jimmy, but whatever decision gets made, I do know we can’t afford to lose this game. After losing to the Titans, there is now potential for us to drop to 8-8, and depending on other results, slipping to #7 or maybe even out of the playoffs. Why do we always have to make things hard on ourselves? Seriously…

NortyFiner
    Participant
    MN 49ers Fan
    Participant

Niners win one of their last two games and they are in I believe. They own the head to head tiebreaker on the 3 teams behind them.

MN 49ers Fan
    Participant

Not having Jimmy hurts the entire offense. Lance’s inability to throw a forward pass will lead to a stifled rushing attack. Thankfully the Texans are probably done winning as it only worsens their draft pick.
    I see this game being closer than it should be and downright uneasy on the eyes.

John
    Participant

I’d rather go with a guy who can’t throw a forward pass than continue watching Jimmy out there. I’m done with him. I was hoping he’d just get hurt or get Covid as I think they would have just stuck with him regardless of anything else.

NortyFiner
    Participant

While I know Trey probably isn’t as ready as we’d like, the idea of a QB who already can’t read coverage, trying to throw with a bad hand and possibly making it even worse, just doesn’t appeal to me. Start Trey and let’s see what the kid can do against a relatively easy opponent.

RedBluff
    Participant

Things are getting even weirder with the Niners and GSpot.

I think his handlers want him to sit the rest of the season and or get that thumb fixed.

Kyle says it’s a sprain, his handlers leak out that it’s a torn ligament and a bone chip/fracture.
    Klye comes back and says a 3rd degree sprain can included a torn ligament and or a chipped/fractured bone.
    GSpot walked off the practice field before practice even started yesterday.
    Kyle says GSpot still might play.

We should have unloaded him in the off season.

nm9erholic
    Participant

MN, we need 1 win coupled with 1 Saints loss to lock down a spot in the postseason. They are the only team breathing down our necks that we don’t have the head to head advantage over, and if it comes down to a 3 (or more) way tie that includes the Saints we will lose out on the conference record tiebreaker.

Go Panthers!

John
    Participant

This team isn’t winning a super bowl any time soon. They pretend like they have a super bowl caliber team and Jimmy is the safe choice when he’s shown over and over again that he ruins their chances in winnable games. I’m glad this is forcing them to play the kid. I really hope he plays well and they win this weekend to show how stupid Kyle truly is.

NortyFiner
    Participant

Kyle may just be trying to be optimistic about Jimmy, or maybe he’s pulling a Belichick trying to obscure injuries. Or maybe he’s just an oblivious dumbass. Whatever the case, it’s clear that he doesn’t want to start Trey, but he may not have a choice.

NortyFiner
    Participant

Jimmy G officially listed for the week as Doubtful with a grade 3 (worst) sprain of the UCL in his throwing thumb. Grade 3’s can take months to heal and may require surgery, though that doesn’t yet seem to be the case with Jimmy, who keeps saying he can play. No matter what Jimmy and Kyle say on camera, the reality is that Trey has taken all the first team practice reps this week to get ready. Not 100% yet that Trey will start, but that’s the way to bet.

https://www.49ers.com/news/jimmy-garoppolo-doubtful-trey-lance-quarterback-49ers-texans-week-17-mitchell

John
    Participant

I had no idea those two interceptions Jimmy threw came after that thumb injury. I thought they were just normal Jimmy shit throws. I suspect the thumb probably feels worse now than it did when it was injured so we should all be worried if Jimmy were to play with that injury.

RedBluff
    Participant

I still think G is done for the season.

nm9erholic
    Participant

The INT in the end-zone was all Jimmy, the one to start the 3rd quarter can be partially blamed on the thumb.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.