Week 12: Vikes vs. 49ers

RNG Report Forums 49erholics Anonymous 49ers Talk Week 12: Vikes vs. 49ers

• This topic has 36 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by John.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    RedBluff
    Ninerholic

The formula to win has been laid out.

Do the Vikes have a strong enough Defense to stack the box and stop the run?
    Will Kyle freak out after 2 wins and self sabotage himself?
    Will the Niners players fall apart and go back to their old ways?

JMHO, the outcome of this game depends more on the Niners than the Vikes.

John
    Ninerholic

The Vikings are similar to the Niners. Talented team but very inconsistent. Like us the Vikings can’t seem to pull it all together.

I pretty much have no idea what to expect out of this team this weekend.

nm9erholic
    Ninerholic

Minnesota is having difficulty against the run, and after the pounding we gave to 2 stout run D’s in the last 2 weeks I wouldn’t be surprised to see 40+ carries once again. I like us to carry the momentum we have built up for another couple dominant performances and get back into the division race.

NortyFiner
    Ninerholic

FWIW, Kirk Cousins currently sits at 2800ish yards, 21 TD and only 2 INT on the year, which is a pace set to match his career best. Our pass defense had better be on its toes.

PhD
    Ninerholic

Cousins is a phony in my book. He should have more INTs he’s gotten lucky with DB drops from his opponents. He also has no movement skills to avoid sacks or improvise if his receivers are covered. Bosa will be licking his chops. We SHOULD win but with Kyle obsessing and possibly regressing, we COULD lose.

NortyFiner
    Ninerholic

I hate to seek advantage in a situation like this, but the Vikings have a huge distraction ongoing as we speak:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32706428/minnesota-vikings-de-everson-griffen-refuses-leave-home-firing-weapon

Sounds like the dude is having a classic paranoid schizo break. Not his first problem either. Hoping it turns out OK for all concerned.

MN 49ers Fan
    Ninerholic

Cousins is the QB the team should have, but I digress. He is playing at a very good level this year. The turnovers have been an issue before, but he’s done a great job limiting those this year. The Vikings have a knack for playing in close games. The teams are similar in many ways. The offensive firepower the Vikings have is clearly an advtantage. Cousins has only been sacked 14 times as well. Getting him off his spot will be key on Sunday.

John
    Ninerholic

Cousins is an excellent QB. I don’t understand the hate he’s always gotten. He’s accurate, knows where to go with the ball and throws accurately deep. Our defense does well against pocket passers though. I’d still take him over Jimmy any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

NortyFiner
    Ninerholic

In addition to the mental health crisis, Vikings in the middle of social media potshots. Their minds are not on our game.

https://www.totalprosports.com/2021/11/24/junior-galette-says-everson-griffen-antonio-brown-get-white-guy-benefits-for-having-kids-with-white-women-tweet

RedBluff
    Ninerholic

Good stuff….I’m kinda leaning towards what Doc said and also what John & MN said. Cousins’ lack of mobility will be key and yet if I had to choose between GSpot and Cousins I’d pick Cousins.

I also agree with Norty, there’s alot of poo swirling around the Viking’s right now. Let’s hope they implode.

Remember some of us saying there’s no way in hell GSpot comes back?
    Klynch has officially cracked that door open.
    https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/152875-kyle-shanahan-jimmy-garoppolo-leaving-door-remain-49ers/
    All I can say is the fucker better re-negotiate and take a pay cut.
    He’s on the books for $25,600,000 and a $27,000,000 cap hit in 2022.

MN 49ers Fan
    Ninerholic

Jimmy really doesn’t need to do anything. The team needs to move him one way or the other. He’s a quality quarterback and would start for a handful of teams. The 49ers hitched their wagon to Lance and that begins next year.

John
    Ninerholic

So Jimmy might stay even though he’s still basically a game manager at his best when he’s not turning the ball over. I thought we mortgaged the future for a game changer in Lance? If we were going to stay with Jimmy it would sure be nice to have had all of those first round picks – and used our first this year on someone who could have helped this team this year.

I don’t know how Lance went from being so impressive in training camp by all accounts from people like Maiocco to being in the doghouse. It makes no sense.

We have a chance at winning this year but typically these bad decisions come back to bite a team a year or two down the line. I guess they’ll worry about that later.

NortyFiner
    Ninerholic

Whether or not Jimmy stays next year almost certainly will depend on Lance’s development. If Lance looks ready, which right now he does not, then the team will have leverage in what to do with Jimmy next year. If Lance needs more time — well, Aaron Rodgers held Brett Favre’s clipboard for three years despite coming into the NFL at a much higher level. If we have to wait another one for Lance, we still have Jimmy.

NortyFiner
    Ninerholic

John said: “I don’t know how Lance went from being so impressive in training camp by all accounts from people like Maiocco to being in the doghouse. It makes no sense.”

What happened to Lance is exactly what happens when a happy but clueless couple decides they want to have a kid, so they go and have a kid, and THEN they learn the hard way about all the things that come with having a kid. The shine of “having a kid” wears off REAL quick once you actually have one. Similarly, the “exciting young QB” shine wore off of Lance when we got him into our practices and games and found out what he actually was, which is a small school QB not ready for the NFL. And just like having to raise that kid now, it is what it is, and all we can do is work through it.

PhD
    Ninerholic

Can we take a second to reflect on this Thanksgiving day on how much of Jed’s money Lynch and Shanahan pissed away on Dee Ford and Jerick McKinnon and how that money COULD have been used to keep Buckner. Let’s have a few moments of silence for their dumb ass decisions like these two. They give away Jed’s money to losers and let winners get away. Nice job guys!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.