RNG Report Forums 49erholics Anonymous 49ers Talk Unofficial but looks like they’re hiring Anthony Lynn

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    NortyFiner
    Participant

With that much collateral it’s not hard to imagine us trading up into the first if the right body is there.

MN 49ers Fan
    Participant

I don’t think they can get into the back half of round 1 without being able to trade a first round pick. They don’t have one this year or next. I suppose they go offer their 2024 selection as a package to move up this time.

RedBluff
    Participant

I like how you guys are thinking…but they don’t have a great 1st round track record.

2017 3 Solomon Thomas DE Stanford
    31 Reuben Foster LB Alabama
    WIFF

2018 9 Mike McGlinchey OT Notre Dame
    MEH

2019 2 Nick Bosa DE Ohio State
    Excellent

2020 14 Javon Kinlaw DT South Carolina
    ??? but probably a WIFF

25 Brandon Aiyuk WR Arizona State
    Excellent but maybe a reach

2021 3 Trey Lance QB North Dakota State
    I hope he pans out but also a reach

ProFootballNetwork say the top 50 is completely devoid of passers (not that we care). The first half, however, demonstrates that there’s an impressive group of offensive linemen, cornerbacks, and game-changing defensive linemen and we could use all three.

If they really want to get a 1st round pick they should try and negotiate that into the GSpot trade…..meaning we get a 1st in exchange for Jimmy, players and or 2nd and 3rd round picks.

If it was me we’d stay put and see who falls to us in the middle and late round.

John
    Participant

Yeah mid and late round picks are more valuable to this team than first round picks. I think the Rams ended up being smart and saying fuck first round picks. They’re overrated. Too many teams are quick to trade great players for first round picks (hello Buckner and hello bust that replaced him).

RedBluff
    Participant

I don’t have a good feeling about Kinlaw or Glinchey coming back.

MN 49ers Fan
    Participant

Kinlaw was a terrible pick and wasn’t needed at the time. Lot of great players when after his selection too. Add in a reach for Aiyuk later on and that first round was pretty poor.

John
    Participant

Their only good early pick was Bosa but he was pretty much a slam dunk anyway.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.