Unofficial but looks like they’re hiring Anthony Lynn

RNG Report Forums 49erholics Anonymous 49ers Talk Unofficial but looks like they’re hiring Anthony Lynn

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    RedBluff
    Participant

https://www.ninersnation.com/2022/2/4/22918712/49ers-hire-anthony-lynn-as-assistant-head-coach

Could happen right after the Dolphins hire McDaniels.
    The Niners also did TE/Assistant Head Coach Jon Embree shitty earlier this week by asking him to take a 60% pay cut. I hope he told them to stick it up their ass. That was a dick move. Just call him in and tell him you’re letting him go. And yet we’re going to keep Special Teams dickweed, Hightower for another season? Him and Kyle are college butthole bros….no surprise.

NortyFiner
    Participant

Interesting. I wonder if Kyle did this on his own (doubtful) or if he was told to bring somebody who can be another viewpoint.

https://www.nfl.com/news/anthony-lynn-expected-to-be-hired-as-49ers-assistant-head-coach

I have the feeling these coaching changes are due to Kyle’s leash getting shorter. YMMV.

John
    Participant

I think Norty nailed it. Kyle has connections to Lynn but I also think somebody up top is nudging him to bring in more experience on the offensive side of the ball. Especially with Trey starting next year.

Embree seemed like a great coach. Not sure why they couldn’t have kept both. Maybe adds fuel to the Yorks being cheap.

RedBluff
    Participant

My only take is Lynn being a charismatic ex-player, ex-HC.
    I could see a mutiny in the not too distant future.

We’ll see what happens.

John
    Participant

I think this will be nothing more than a one or two year stop for Lynn. He is going to be successful here and will get another HC opportunity soon.

PhD
    Participant

Hightower is going to the Bears so maybe we will actually have some production with kick and punt returns next season. He couldn’t seem to settle on one good player for each of those roles.

RedBluff
    Participant

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_Burns_(linebacker)
    My guess for who replaces Hightower.
    He’s got ties to Lynn, Mike and Kyle.

PhD
    Participant

Really sorry to see McDaniel leave. He was probably the only one in the room that could challenge Kyle on the field during a game.

John
    Participant

We get 2 3rds for McDaniel because he’s a minority coach 😂 whatever I’ll take it.

NortyFiner
    Participant

Two thirds, huh?

(looks at OL and secondary that could use shoring up)

NortyFiner
    Participant

Something else that occurs to me: having Lynn in the house as a former HC gives us an interim if Kyle wears out his welcome, or gets COVID or something midseason. It’s insurance no matter how you look at it.

NortyFiner
    Participant

McDaniel to the Phins. Good luck playing Bill Belichick and Josh Allen twice a year.

https://www.nfl.com/news/dolphins-working-toward-deal-to-hire-mike-mcdaniel-as-new-head-coach

nm9erholic
    Participant

3rd round comp this year and next. We sent off our comp from Saleh in the Lance trade, so we have our original 3rd and the comp. Then in 2023 we have 2 comp 3rd’s (one for Mayhew) plus our own.

John
    Participant

Will get a couple of more comp picks when Ryans leaves next year.

RedBluff
    Participant

Meeco will get us 2 more 3rd’s next year.

According to Over The Cap, the 49ers are projected to own the following nine selections in the upcoming draft. The overall position of many picks will shift downward once the NFL hands out compensatory selections. Please note that this is just a projection for now. A lot could happen between now and the start of the 2022 NFL Draft.

Round 2, Overall Pick 61
    Round 3, Overall Pick 93
    Round 3 (compensatory pick for McDaniel)
    Round 4, Overall Pick 133
    Round 5, Overall Pick 172
    Round 6, Overall Pick 186 (from Broncos for LB Jonas Griffith)
    Round 7 (compensatory pick)

The compensatory picks in the seventh round would come for the losses of defensive linemen Solomon Thomas and Kerry Hyder and quarterback C.J. Beathard last offseason.

Add a 2nd or 3rd and maybe a 4th or 5th for Jimmy and we’re sitting pretty.

If it was me I’d shop a Jimmy/Kittle blockbuster trade to really move up this year and or next and I’d be shopping Green Law too

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.