Team Jimmy? Yes or No

RNG Report Forums 49erholics Anonymous 49ers Talk Team Jimmy? Yes or No

• This topic has 15 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by fabie.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Erickson
    Co-Founder

Anyone still on Team Jimmy?

I like the dude and thought he could have been the one. But dude can’t stay healthy. At this point we know team is moving on. So I’m in the boat trade him now and go with rookie week 1

NortyFiner
    Ninerholic

I feel like his inability to stay healthy prevented both us and him from seeing his full capabilities as a player. I’d also like to speak to the manager about our offensive line’s role in that problem.

MN 49ers Fan
    Ninerholic

I have never been on team Jimmy. I didn’t like his extension, but I understood it at the time. They could and should have another Lombardi trophy, but they pissed it away. He isn’t terrible, but he also isn’t winning a ring for you. Things have run their course and it’s time for a new QB.

RedBluff
    Ninerholic

He’s streaky, easily rattled and his pocket awareness requires an outside pocket protecting O Line. His lack of mobility and ability to throw on the run limits Baby Rat Faces’ play calling.

I’d take a 3rd and will be overjoyed if we can get a 3rd.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see him be part of a draft day deal with Saleh/The Jets.

Astronomicat
    Ninerholic

Still team Jimmy, but if he is traded it is just the nature of the beast. I also think he can succeed if protected & given decent WRs. A lot of his problems lie with jr ratboy choking & the guys around him. In the end you either preform,or you are out. No one cares whether your excuses are valid, or not you either get it done, or you get gone.

James Jones
    Co-Founder

You know me man. For 2021 and only 2021.

PhD
    Ninerholic

He can be had right now for a number one pick.
    I bet NE would give at least a two. We’ll see.

fabie
    Ninerholic

I trust HC Shanahan…and whatever he wanted to do. QB Jimmy Garappolo is good and still our starter, sure he got hurt but very good when healthy. We can upgrade through the draft but for now, HE IS OUR STARTER.

MN 49ers Fan
    Ninerholic

Rumor is the 49ers want a first round pick for him. I bet they’d take a second round depending on what number it was.

fabie
    Ninerholic

It isn’t a rumor…Shanahan wanted a 1st round pick to trade for Jimmy. It may be too-high by design? Who knows for now, but it will be known soon.

NortyFiner
    Ninerholic
    RedBluff
    Ninerholic

It’s a line…just like Jimmy’s still our QB. They’d take a 2nd in a heartbeat.

fabie
    Ninerholic

Norty….Jimmy’s inability to stay healthy? Getting injured or hurt is not directly attributed to one’s ability oftentimes, specially in football. HITS are inevitable while protecting him is a team-effort. Sure physical conditioning is one thing but we gotta chalk it up to chances also…or should we say “bad luck”?

Shaquon Barkley (sp) for example was in his prime and a physical specimen most of us would envy…got seriously injured.

RedBluff
    Ninerholic

I for one am hoping that baby rat face has learned that having a pocket passer while intriguing in an old school way, limits his play calling and his ability to have an athletic offensive line that can stunt, trap and pull for his more imaginative running and play action calls.

Wilson, Lance and Fields is how I rank’em. I will literally shit a brick if either we move up one or Wilson somehow falls to us. That being said I think Trey Lance is going to be a boneefide superstar.

Trade GSpot to the Pats for some picks and call Alex (his mangled leg makes me heave and he really should retire but it would be cool if he retired a Niner), AJ or RG3 (you know he’d give us a discount) to be our back up.

NortyFiner
    Ninerholic

fabie: conditioning, luck, protection, play selection et al; many things play roles in QB injuries, and we could argue them until the sun grows cold. But the fact is that there is such a thing as an injury prone player, and that uncomfortable shoe fits Jimmy G. He has started only 31 of the 56 regular season games we’ve played since we acquired him on 10/31/17. To look at that ratio another way, he’s been here three and a half seasons in total, and hasn’t even played two full ones yet. The only complete season he played was in 2019. Almost all the rest of the missing time, he’s been hurt. High-paid star players don’t help when they’re not playing, so it’s time we moved on from him, like it or not.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.