Jimmy G trade talk

RNG Report Forums 49erholics Anonymous 49ers Talk Jimmy G trade talk

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    NortyFiner
    Participant

Rappoport says it’s happening this offseason. I’m not so sure. I think how Lance develops will affect whether or not we keep him. We’ll see.

https://www.totalprosports.com/2021/11/28/report-49ers-planning-to-trade-qb-jimmy-garoppolo-this-offseason

MN 49ers Fan
    Participant

They can’t just blindly hand the keys to Lance can they? I understand they paid a fortune to get him, but if he’s not ready, he’s not ready.
    The Texans are an interesting team and they have a need for QB. Draft a kid and trade for Jimmy could make sense though.

MN 49ers Fan
    Participant

The Steelers also need a QB. Jimmy makes a lot of sense there too.

John
    Participant

Jimmy is playing well but they need to trade him. It won’t make sense to pay Jimmy $27 mill and Lance another $9 mill or whatever to sit on the bench again next year. I don’t think they can win a super bowl with him and they need to roll the dice and play Lance next year. And for crying out loud spend some money and hire a really good QB coach to work with Lance on his mechanics in the offseason. Free up the cap space from Jimmy and use it to give Deebo and Bosa new contracts and add some other pieces around Lance.

NortyFiner
    Participant

If for some reason we have to keep Jimmy, salary cap negotiations will definitely have to be part of that discussion. In fact, I dare say Jimmy’s cap hit is a bigger reason for the team to want to move him than bringing up Lance.

RedBluff
    Participant

I think they’re will be a market for GSpot but the team will probably need to eat part of his salary if they want a pick back.

Like John I don’t see how it made sense to make Trey sit this year. Sitting him next year and paying GSpot all the money would be asinine.

GSpot disappointed me early on his career. He’s good but not good enough to change a game consistently and especially in clutch situations. I wish him luck where ever he lands.

NortyFiner
    Participant

Jimmy G isn’t a superstar like some hoped. He’s a game manager. He’s Brad Johnson on the 2002 Bucs. And there’s nothing wrong with that as long as your team works that way as a unit.

RedBluff
    Participant

FYI, got through my prostate surgery.
    I can pee again!
    2022 is going to be a “tune up” year for me.
    Going to try and get some other healthy issues straight so I can make a run at 80.

Last day to work, if everything goes right is 10/28/2022.

John
    Participant

Congrats RB happy to hear it went well. Sounds like you have a lot to look forward to.

John
    Participant

And on Jimmy like Norty said he’s not very good, just a game manager at best. He looked great at the end of 2017, mobile, confident, accurate. These injuries he’s had messed him up mentally I think. He has always played timid since that knee injury, so much so he doesn’t even step into throws like he used to. Time to move on. Lance may not end up being great either but they can never accept mediocrity. Keep working until they find a great QB.

RedBluff
    Participant

I think Kyle has brain fucked him.

John
    Participant

Al Shaair is everywhere today. Looks like Patrick Willis out there. Nice sack by Armstead and he was even held on the play. DJ Jones looks good. Bosa always does. They’re making the Seattle line look like middle school kids.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.