JAX: Urban Meyer fired

RNG Report Forums 49erholics Anonymous NFL Talk JAX: Urban Meyer fired

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    NortyFiner
    Participant

In which Urban Meyer learns that the NFL ain’t gonna put up with all the shit he got away with in college.

https://www.nfl.com/news/urban-meyer-fired-as-jaguars-head-coach

I think the Jags would have been willing to give Meyer more time if there hadn’t been so much negative noise around him, but that’s really his own fault. When you live in a spotlight, you can’t keep putting yourself in situations. The simple fact there were leakers showed how much Meyer had already lost the team and organization. I think Shad Khan wanted to at least let him finish the year, but decided after the allegation about abusing players that it was too much to put up with anymore.

So, where ya think he’ll land back in college? Because you know schools will be ringing his phone ASAP, if they aren’t already.

RedBluff
    Participant

Just this morning I was telling my gals about the kicker incident and about how that sounds totally like something that would have happened in Pop Warner back in the 70’s. I wouldn’t call that abuse either. He’s 57….we’re dinosaurs already as compared to today’s fucked up pansy ass society. I expect his wife will divorce him soon and I expect he has a few side pieces already any way.

I think coaches like him lose players because quite honestly they just don’t make players like they used to. He’ll land on his feet and probably be way better off for it. Thirty some odd year old trophy wife, living in Florida….hell I wouldn’t be surprised if he has a few more kids too.

RedBluff
    Participant

He’d have to go somewhere in the south or mid Atlantic.

I did a quick search for university’s looking for football coaches I couldn’t find any vacancy’s at big schools.

USC would probably have loved to have him but their programs is too transparent for him.

Oregon would have been a great place for him. Nike U has plenty of cash and has a cult like following that forgives a lot in exchange for winning.

Oklahoma would have been good too.

John
    Participant

I wonder why he never found this gem before. Urban looks lit here. Some think the guy had a bong and was asking him where the coke was. Hard to tell. Career over and it couldn’t have happened to a bigger shit bag.

John
    Participant

I could still see a mid level power 5 school still hiring him but no big program will at this point. My guess is he cashes in his chips and goes into obscurity like a Matt Lauer.

NortyFiner
    Participant

That might be his best option. No NFL team will touch him, and anywhere he goes in college, the hire will be controversial from the start.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.