RNG Report Forums 49erholics Anonymous The Lounge How is everyone handling Covid

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    John
    Ninerholic

I understand. If people could really see the Swiss cheese maintenance plans for aircraft nobody would want to fly.

There are going to be unvaccinated people even after children have time to get it. Some kids won’t get it and many adults will refuse. I think after children have had a chance to be vaccinated, the world needs to re-open. Some people might die as a result but we need a realistic goal post I think and not continue changing it.

RedBluff
    Ninerholic

Makes sense……we don’t have that in DC any more.

NortyFiner
    Ninerholic

The problem with “Just open the world and let people die” is that it would totally break what functioning health care system we have left. Doctors and nurses have been quitting in droves because they are burnt out from shift after shift of nearly two years now of death and fear for their own health. This current wave has been particularly hard on them because it was largely preventable if people had just gotten the damn vaccine. Imagine being a fireman and while you’re trying to put out a fire, other people are running up and throwing gasoline on it to keep it going. That’s what it’s like for medical people right now with all the anti-vax bullshit. In a growing number of places, it’s not that there aren’t physical beds to put victims in; it’s that there are no mentally healthy medical people left to staff those beds. The medical system in much of the USA is near collapse. There are no beds. There are no doctors and nurses to staff beds. There is nothing left except to get the vaccine to reduce your chances of ending up in the queue for hospital care that doesn’t exist anymore. And THAT in turn affects EVERYONE, not just those with COVID. It’s a crime against humanity, really.

John
    Ninerholic

People who’ve died from covid have an average comorbidity of 2.6 meaning there have been other risk factors (obesity, kidney disease, diabetes, heart disease, hypertension, etc). In most cases people dying from covid are close to dying anyway. People are also dying from the lockdowns. Suicides, drug overdose, abuse, mental health, can go on and on. We can’t trust much of what comes from the media on this. The media will report one child dying, how one hospital in Houston is at 100% capacity in their ICU, etc. What they don’t tell you is there are other hospitals there that are doing fine.

So here we are in round 2 of beating society into submission with all of these mandates. Children (young kids especially) are required to keep their masks on. Child development is being stunted because of lack of socialization and being raised in an environment of fear.

We will not see all of the fallout from all of this for years but I know in 10-20 years we will look back and regret a lot of these decisions.

John
    Ninerholic

Cloth rag masks don’t even work. Requiring them has been based on a hope and a prayer. This guy explains it pretty well, far more scientific than the WHO or CDC has been about the subject.

NortyFiner
    Ninerholic

Other, more responsible sources disagree.

Masks Work

Onyxdragon
    Ninerholic

Yes I’m alive and found this place just a few weeks or month ago. Trying to survive the covid pandemic and everything it effects.

Sorry John but that Dr is misleading in his video. So there are different sizes of water droplets that we exhale & he says the smallest goes through masks. He tries to prove it by trying to French kiss his glasses through 5+ masks. Nobody is getting and staying that close to people in social situations or holding their masks pressed against their lips. Masks work along with social distancing.

I know you are very disturbed by isolation and lockdowns but we aren’t in lockdowns now. You want and need to socialize apparently like before the covid pandemic. It won’t return soon but it’s better than before.

Having children wear masks won’t damage their psychology, it’s the only way to protect them now.

Children are now in hospital beds filled to capacity and many young, healthy adults and not just people deserving or just about to die are dying from the Delta variant.

The vaccines and masks in close, social places are the best ways to reduce chances of getting/spreading covid until we learn more.

It’s good to see most people found the site and seems a lot sooner than I did.

RedBluff
    Ninerholic

It’s good to have you back.

Onyxdragon
    Ninerholic

Thanks. It’s good to be back.

John
    Ninerholic

My soon to be son in law works for the state health agency and he knows first hand that hospital ICUs in almost all areas are filling up not because of Covid but because there is less staff. They have enough beds but not enough staff. Nurses are quitting left and right. They’re quitting because they’re either burned out from Covid or vaccine mandates.

Many countries (Norway, Singapore, etc) have recently re-opened 100% and done away with all mandates. Singapore re-instated some mandates temporarily because they’re adding capacity to hospitals. Once the capacity is added they are lifting all mandates again. Cases and hospitalizations have gone down in these countries because they don’t have draconian, freedom stealing politicians politicizing covid at every chance they get like here in the US.

There is a study from Israel showing people that have had Covid and are not vaccinated are 7x less likely to hospitalized from covid than those that are only vaccinated. It’s as if all of the measures to isolated and vaccinate might not be the best way to handle a pandemic.

People need to stop regurgitating what they see and hear from CNN. The constant politics, mandates and demonizing the unvaccinated isn’t working so maybe it’s time to try some new tactics.

Children are still extremely low risk. And yes children and especially young children rely on things like facial expression and relationships and feedback from peers. This is well known to be key in childhood development. Masking children is downright silly but hey it makes us feel better as adults I suppose.

By the way me and my family are fully vaccinated and believe in it. Others may have their own reasons. Compassion and respect always win. Creating battles, everyone loses.

John
    Ninerholic

Biden’s Covid mandate. Saw an article this morning from NBC News that OSHA has a lot of tools to enforce King Biden’s mandate: shaming, lists, etc among others. The feds are setting precedent daily on Covid.

Now there’s a call for a climate emergency. What will we see if that happens? Fossil fuel energy prices go through the roof? Businesses shut down? People out of work and even more inflation?

The takeover is happening for real. Don’t think for a minute all of this won’t negatively affect you because this will.

Put aside the thought of whether everyone should be vaccinated or not and think more about the steps government is taking to get what they want. Emergency government powers. Scary stuff if you ask me. It’s been in the works since 9/11 and it’s been a slow move towards totalitarian government. Covid has sped up the process. Imagine what will happen when a truly deadly disease is out there, not something with a 99+ % survival rate. Things aren’t going back to normal folks.

NortyFiner
    Ninerholic

Rights and freedoms do not exist without reference to the society that grants and enables them. The only way to be truly FREE is to live by yourself in the wild someplace with zero contact with any other living being that can consciously interact with you. Because even with animals, you feel things and end up in moral decisions. But American miseducation has always emphasized FREEDOM! with precious little of the moral responsibility that goes with how you exercise your freedom, and that’s why we’re in this mess.

RedBluff
    Ninerholic

We’re fucked. The USA as I knew it no more.

My best old man advice, migrate to as RED a state as you can and push for succession.

NortyFiner
    Ninerholic

Actually, we’re just recycling back PAST the “USA as you knew it” to the USA before you were born, before most people alive today experienced with the Spanish Flu. Do some history reading. It was exactly like this; the mandates, the resistance, the economic difficulties. One difference though: COVID has already passed the death toll of the Spanish Flu and is still rolling with no end in sight.

NortyFiner
    Ninerholic

As for what John said about the vaxxed vs. unvaxxed being hospitalized, that’s just plain lies. The majority of people who have COVID right now are unvaccinated, and like 99% of those who have severe COVID – the kind where you’re in a hospital waiting to die – are unvaccinated. So fuck you and fuck your fake data and fuck your political justifications. This situation could have been over months ago if people had just gotten their damn shots. Bah.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.