RNG Report Forums 49erholics Anonymous The Lounge How is everyone handling Covid

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    Erickson
    Keymaster

14 years. Holy shit.

d4n
    Participant

No one around me understands what I went through but reading that some of you had gone through something similar is very humbling. Thank you fellas!

RedBluff
    Participant

Great movie…need to make my girls watch it.

NortyFiner
    Participant

Got my second Pfizer shot today. Didn’t feel much of anything at first. As I post this about 10.5 hours later, my arm is sore as fuck and while I can’t say specifically what’s wrong, I don’t feel right. I’ve heard a lot of people get flu-like symnptoms on the second shot; this feels like that kind of malaise, just general BLAH. I guess that means it’s doing its job with my immune system.

PhD
    Participant

Hang in there Norty.

NortyFiner
    Participant

Spent the day today feeling tired, sweaty, headache. Starting to wear off now, I think.

Meanwhile…

NortyFiner
    Participant
    John
    Participant

We are doing better than many. A 14 year old kid in my son’s Boy Scout troop killed him self last Friday. Hard to say it’s due to covid but there is a correlation between school lockdowns and suicide.

NortyFiner
    Participant

FL, LA and TX leading the entire Western world in infections and deaths right now. Way to go, dumbass GOP rednecks.

John
    Participant

People are going to get covid. The case numbers are irrelevant. Hospitalizations and deaths are the key indicator. Also those states have a high % of unvaccinated minorities, contributing to the higher case numbers. But it’s all whitey’s fault as usual.

John
    Participant

Basically while white rednecks are contributing to the problem, that doesn’t tell the entire story. CNN wants people to believe it’s whitey’s fault to align with the critical race theory BS.

Also nobody batted an eyelash when people marched for “social justice” in crowds of tens of thousands all across the country, most people not social distancing and not wearing masks. All before the vaccine. A small country concert in Montana though? The major media threw a fit over that stuff.

Chicago just had a large music festival and their Marxist pig of a mayor and her security detail and other race hustlers didn’t wear masks either.

The virus and stupidity are color blind and go way beyond politics and things like making laws. Solve those problems first instead of focusing on “red state blue state” problems and get to the core of the real issues.

NortyFiner
    Participant

Talking to some nurses online and looking at studies from the UK’s NHS, the numbers basically come down to this:

If you get COVID bad enough that you have to be hospitalized, you have a roughly 2 in 3 chance of survival. That’s overall case results, regardless of age group. One third of hospitalized cases, dead.

If your COVID becomes so severe that you have to be put on a ventilator, your chance of survival drops closer to 2 in 5. And even if you survive, you most likely will require long term care for recovery, and will probably have effects for the rest of your life.

It ain’t pretty, folks. Please get vaccinated. I’d really hate to lose any of you. 🙁

NortyFiner
    Participant

John
    Participant

Yeah covid is scary. Our neighbor’s 60 year old sister (unvaccinated but healthy) just died of it.

But, statistics still point to it being a low risk compared to a lot of other things in life. Far less than 0.5% of the hospitalizations and deaths have been from vaccinated people. Out of over 4 million deaths worldwide less than 400 have been children.

At some point people we need to take a less risk averse approach to this entire thing and get the world back to living.

NortyFiner
    Participant

We’re trying, but COVID is fighting us. Believe me, I get it. I haven’t seen anybody except my wife and co-workers in a year and half now and my parents aren’t getting any younger. My mom especially being in a nursing home in TN is in a super high risk situation. I’m hoping boosters will help, and maybe some new vaccine development will help. Supposedly the vaccine makers are working on oral or nasal options like the Flumist vaccine to help get people over their shot fears, but not sure how far off that might be.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 56 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.