Fred Warner 5 year Extension

RNG Report Forums 49erholics Anonymous 49ers Talk Fred Warner 5 year Extension

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    d4n
    Ninerholic

He earned it and plays it.

“49ers signed LB Fred Warner to a five-year extension through 2026.

It makes Warner the league’s highest-paid off-ball linebacker, with the extension valued at over $95 million, including over $40.5 million in guaranteed money. The $19 million-plus per year surpassed Bobby Wagner’s $18 million mark. And the Colts’ Darius Leonard is expected to be next in line for a huge deal. Warner has started all 48 games he’s appeared in since being taken with the 70th overall pick of the 2018 draft. Still just 24, Warner was a first-team All-Pro last season.”

John
    Ninerholic

I think they probably learned from letting defo go that you don’t let a playmaker and guy that plays hard all the time go. The guy is the most reliable player on the team and I’d argue that because of that he’s the best player on the team. I’m very happy they got a deal done.

John
    Ninerholic

The future is quite bright for this team. If Lance lives up to his potential we’ve got him on his rookie deal for 3-4 years. That gives us a ton of flexibility.

Wiseman
    Ninerholic

Definitely awesome to get him locked up. What is left with the cap for this year now I wonder.

John
    Ninerholic

They still need to get Lance signed but they likely kick the can down the road on this contract. Jimmy and Dee Ford coming off the books in the coming years will help offset that I think. They should think about restructuring Armstead too.

PhD
    Ninerholic

John wrote: I think they probably learned from letting defo go that you don’t let a playmaker and guy that plays hard all the time go. The guy is the most reliable player on the team and I’d argue that because of that he’s the best player on the team. I’m very happy they got a deal done.

Especially when they should have kept him and dumped Armstead instead.

Erickson
    Co-Founder

That’s a shit ton of money. I have no issues with amount. Just crazy seeing three players on 49ers currently highest paid at position

NortyFiner
    Ninerholic

Good deal. Hopefully we learned from the terrible deal of letting Buckner go for broke ass Dee Ford.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.