RNG Report Forums 49erholics Anonymous 49ers Talk 2021 Roster

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    RedBluff
    Participant

Which 49ers draft picks have chance to start Year 1?

QB (5): Jimmy Garoppolo, Trey Lance, Josh Rosen, Nate Sudafed, Josh Johnson

Running back (8): Raheem Mostert, Jeff Wilson Jr., Wayne Gallman Jr., JaMycal Hasty, Trey Sermon, Elijah Mitchell Austin Walter.

Fullback (2): Kyle Juszczyk, Josh Hokit.

Wide receiver (14): Deebo Samuel, Brandon Aiyuk, Richie James, Travis Benjamin, Jalen Hurd, Trent Sherfield, Mohamed Sanu, Jordan Matthews, River Cracraft, Jauan Jennings, Kevin White, Austin Proehl, Matt Cole, Austin Watkins Jr.

Tight end (5): George Kittle, Ross Dwelley, Charlie Woerner, Daniel Helm, Josh Pederson

Offensive line (15):
    Left tackle – Trent Williams
    Left guard – Laken Tomlinson
    Center – Alex Mack
    Right guard – Daniel Brunskill
    Right tackle – Mike McGlinchey

Backups: Shon Coleman, Aaron Banks, Justin Skule, Tom Compton, Colton McKivitz, Aaron Banks, Jaylon Moore, Isiah Williams, Corbin Kaufusi, Dakoda Shepley, Jake Brendel.

Edge: Nick Bosa, Samson Ebukam, Jordan Willis, Alex Barrett.
    Defensive end: Arik Armstead, Dee Ford, Arden KeyDaeshon Hall.
    Defensive tackle: Javon Kinlaw, D.J. Jones, Zach Kerr, Kevin Givens, Kentavius Street, Darrion Daniels, Maurice Hurst Jr.

Linebacker (8): Fred Warner (Mike), Dre Greenlaw (Will), Azeez Al-Shaair (Sam), Demetrius Flannigan-Fowles, Nathan Gerry, Jonas Griffith, Justin Hilliard, Elijah Sullivan.

Cornerback (11): Jason Verrett, Emmanuel Moseley, K’Waun Williams, Dontae Johnson, Tim Harris, Ken Webster, Ambry Thomas, Demmondore Lenoir, Briean Boddy-Calhoun, Mark Fields, Adonis Alexander.

Safety (9): Jimmie Ward (free safety), Jaquiski Tartt (strong safety), Tavarius Moore, Marcell Harris, Talanoa Hufanga, Tavon Wilson, Jared Mayden, Chris Edwards, Kai Nacua.

Special teams (3): Robbie Gould (kicker), Mitchell Wishnowky (punter), Taybor Pepper (long-snapper).

PhD
    Participant

I think we might be light on WR! LOL
    Also, wtf is up with someone who has the name Corbin Kaufusi? I’m confused! Reminds me of the joke about Pouilly-Fuissé – the wine for the fusi pusse.

RedBluff
    Participant

His father, Steve Kaufusi (Tonga-Mormon), was the defensive line coach for BYU and his brother, Bronson Kaufusi, also plays for the Green Bay Packers. His mother, Michelle Kaufusi (White), is the current Mayor of Provo. He’s 6′-9″ tall……big’ol son of a buck.

RedBluff
    Participant

Kwity Paye is the best name of the draft followed by Amon Rah St. Brown……The Mummy.

NortyFiner
    Participant

I think we all know that barring either a miraculous trade or some terrible misfortune, we’ll be going into the season with Jimmy G starting and Lance holding the clipboard. The only real question is who the third QB will be.

I could see Aaron Banks making his case to start year 1.

The offensive weapon position competitions will be fun to watch for sure.

RedBluff
    Participant

It’s hard to image GSpot starts more than 3-4 games. He’ll get hurt.

PhD
    Participant

And let us not forget that Lance has only played one game in the last year. How does he acclimate and master Kyle’s system sitting on the bench for another year? He will eventually need reps in games to make that happen.

9ersfan
    Participant

WR and DB room make me incredibly nervous lol

nm9erholic
    Participant

I think Lance gets 3-5 snaps per game to start the year, and more as the year goes on. Like a Taysom hill situation as he gets his feet wet. I just dont see him riding pine until injury thrusts him to the field.

RedBluff
    Participant

Barring injury’s he’ll have a solid line and a compliment of experienced players around him. It’s not like they would be throwing him to the wolves.

MN 49ers Fan
    Participant

All those bodies at WR and only 2.5 of them are anything worthwhile.

NortyFiner
    Participant

I agree our WRs aren’t the most awe inspiring group, but a lot of our passing game goes to our TEs and RBs. Kittle and Dwelley should be fine helping our WRs along.

NortyFiner
    Participant

Looking more at Aaron Banks, maybe I’m just being hopeful imagining, but I see the potential for what could be a young Larry Allen in him if it works out.

MN 49ers Fan
    Participant

Sounds like Hurd is rehabbing well and the expectation is that he will be ready to go. He’s had a rough patch of terrible luck. He’s a big bodied athlete who would serve the team well in the red zone. Really hope he can play this season.

RedBluff
    Participant

My Hurd boner is flaccid.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.