RNG Report Forums 49erholics Anonymous NFL Talk 2021-22 Coaching Carousel

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 92 total)
  • Author
    NortyFiner
    Participant

Agreed. The sheer number of penalties the Cowboys had speaks to their lack of discipline. They need a hardass like Leslie Groves from the Manhattan Project, a disciplinarian who gets shit done. If you don’t know who he is, look him up and read. Remarkable man.

NortyFiner
    Participant

Another front office being shaken up: Raiders just fired their GM.

John
    Participant

I’d like to see Mayock back on NFLN. He was very good.

NortyFiner
    Participant
    nm9erholic
    Participant

He was supposed to be our LB coach, then a week later the Hawks offered him the DC position, and we had to settle for a different former player to fill the role. I was kinda pissed at the time, but it has worked out pretty well for us with Demeco.

RedBluff
    Participant

I’m surprised Marc fired Mayock…..bet he goes after St. Harbaugh.

nm9erholic
    Participant

I’m hoping we can bring in Bisaccia to replace Hightower, that dude has got to go.

John
    Participant

Hightower is Kyle’s buddy. Agree though Hightower might be the worst ST coach in the league.

John
    Participant

I’d like to see Harbs back in the NFL but all signs point to him looking for a longer term deal and staying at Michigan. Money has never seemed to be all that important to him. I think he even donated a large portion of last year’s salary to Michigan staff that had salaries cut due to Covid, a nice move by him.

NortyFiner
    Participant

Given how terrible our special teams have been this year, I wouldn’t be surprised if Kyle has to let Hightower go, whether he wants to or not. We need change on that unit in a big way.

John
    Participant

If the Niners continue this run in spite of their ST I think Kyle probably brings him back. Kyle has full autonomy and the Yorks love him so they’re not going to tell him otherwise, unless of course our ST loses us this next game which is very possible.

The more I think about Harbaugh the more I kind of want him to stay in college. Most NFL teams have too many suit and tie people for head coaches to answer to or collaborate with. It makes no sense how power is given out in most NFL organizations. Harbaugh doesn’t mesh well with the suits obviously. I remember our 2012 draft thinking there was absolutely no way Harbaugh wanted Jenkins and James. That had to be all Baalke back then. I don’t think the NFL deserves Harbaugh. Hopefully he stays at Michigan, I think he will.

nm9erholic
    Participant

According to Shefter the Ryans interview with Minnesota is taking place tomorrow, Raiders want to interview him as well.

If he does get snatched away at least we will score another comp-3 (or 2, not sure how that works since we already received 3 from Saleh/Mayhew, even though we traded the one for this year). I’m guessing it would be 1 3rd in ’24, but if it were a ’22 and a ’23 that would be awesome. Two thirds this year and 3 next, plus whatever we can get for Jimmy, would give us some ammo to restock after the Lance trade.

RedBluff
    Participant

We could totally get a bunch of picks if Meeco and McDaniels get hired.
    McDaniels is half black so we get premium picks for him too.

John
    Participant

McDaniels is half black?

The Leslie Frazer HC talk should end right now after that melt down last night. To let a team go 44 yards in 10 seconds is inexcusable.

NortyFiner
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 92 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.