2021-22 Coaching Carousel

RNG Report Forums 49erholics Anonymous NFL Talk 2021-22 Coaching Carousel

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 92 total)
  • Author
    NortyFiner
    Participant

JAX already fired Urban Meyer weeks ago, and there are several names on the rumor list including Jim Caldwell, Doug Pedersen and Bucs OC/former Jags QB Byron Leftwich, who probably has the inside track despite probably not being the optimal candidate. No offense to Byron, but everyone with half a brain knows that Tom Brady is really running the Bucs’ offense.

Broncos just fired Darth Fangio.

https://www.nfl.com/news/broncos-parting-ways-with-hc-vic-fangio-after-three-seasons

Several other coaches on the hotseat. Bloody Monday coming up tomorrow.

RedBluff
    Participant

Beat me to it.

There will be blood. LMFAO

NortyFiner
    Participant
    PhD
    Participant

Fangio becomes Harbaugh’s DC in Vegas.

NortyFiner
    Participant

Seeing how Harbaugh just beat Ohio State for the first time in a decade, I doubt Michigan will fire him, and there are rumors of a big new deal in the works for him after he signed a pittance of an extension last year. But I wouldn’t be surprised to see Fangio back somewhere as a DC though.

NortyFiner
    Participant

Lions are supposedly ditching their OC after today’s game. Which is a little weird since the Lions are about to beat the Packers for the first time since approximately the Battle of Agincourt.

John
    Participant

Zimmer gone in MN.

Flores gone in Miami. The Flores firing really surprised me.

NortyFiner
    Participant

Vikings and Bears both fired their HC and GM. NFC North doing a major reorg.

Giants GM said fuck this mess and retired. LOL. HC Joe Judge still in place, but that could change at any moment.

Dolphins owner fired HC Flores, despite him being their best HC in recent memory and having the team on the right track. Everywhere that I’ve read today, nobody saw this coming and everybody thinks it’s a terrible decision, and I agree. Leaving all the speculated motives where they lie, I will say that nobody should be surprised if Flores doesn’t get another job in fairly short order. If I were the Jags or Raiders, I’d be ringing his phone for sure.

John
    Participant

There were some rumors of conflict between Flores, the GM and ownership. Apparently the GM and ownership wanted to trade Tua for Watson and Flores wouldn’t go for it, along with clashing over other potential moves. These owners should learn one thing and that’s never side with a GM over a good/great head coach. I always admired Flores not for two winning seasons in a row but how he handled his first year there somehow winning 5 games with a team nobody expected to win more than 1 and many predicted would go winless.

Other rumors are that the GM scapegoated Flores and Flores wanted Tua over Herbert. Lots of dysfunction there.

NortyFiner
    Participant

Tracker:

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-coaching-gm-tracker-latest-news-interviews-developments-in-2022-hiring-cycle

Coaches in potential danger include the Texans and Giant for sure, maybe a few others.

NortyFiner
    Participant

If you look at the tracker, almost as interesting (and numerous) as the HC changes are all the OC changes. Giants, Panthers, Lions…

I said earlier the Lions OC being let go seemed weird, but the Lions HC said it “wasn’t a fit” to use his words. Ships in formation need to all be sailing the same course, and I guess that wasn’t the case.

RedBluff
    Participant

Could our team switch to 3-4 if we brought Darth Fangio back? And would it be advantageous to Bosa?
    I have a feeling DeMeeco might get poached.

Did you guys hear Miami wants to interview McDaniels for HC?
    Giants want to talk to Adam Peters and Ran Carthon.

NortyFiner
    Participant

I haven’t yet heard Ryans’ name associated with anything. I’ve heard McDaniels mentioned a few times for different jobs.

If what I’ve heard is true, Flores basically got fired for being a black man with his own opinions. So whoever goes to Miami needs to be a white yes man for the owner. YMMV.

NortyFiner
    Participant

Bears are interviewing Flores for their HC job. As I expected, that didn’t take long. He might get that job.

nm9erholic
    Participant

Judge is out.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 92 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.